Business Attorneys Experienced with Middle East Legal Complexities
From the start of your business venture, through every stage of growth and development, to the transfer of a business to the next generation, our professionals are here to help you meet your business goals. These include our commercial and finance practice specialties.
Commercial Legal Services for National, Multinational Corporations
We provide a wide variety of services to our business clients, including:
- Assisting in selecting the type of organizational entity under which to operate.
- Preparation of agreements.
- Sale and purchase of businesses.
- Obtaining financing and funding for business operations.
- Employee relations; and Dissolution.
Company Formation and Governance in Saudi Arabia and Beyond
Our firm provides services with respect to company formation that include advising and drafting documents in connection with the formation of:
- Limited liability companies (LLCs) and
- Partnerships, including general partnerships, limited partnerships and registered limited liability partnerships.
In conjunction with the firm’s Litigation & Arbitration Group section, we help our clients develop and implement dispute-avoidance strategies. We also advise our clients regarding corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
We have advised businesses and individuals on setting up foreign investment companies in real estate development, financial and insurance services sectors.
We have represented Saudi and foreign parties in the formation and licensing of joint ventures, including, prior to the establishment of Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (SAGIA), the handling of applications before the Foreign Capital Investment Committee of the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
Commercial Contracts in Gulf Cooperation Council States
We have substantial experience in advising both suppliers and customers on a broad range of commercial contracts across many different sectors in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf Cooperation Council states. Our experience includes:
- Commercial contracts for services
We handle all aspects of agency, distributorships, licensing and franchising issues, particularly the legal requirements and implications of establishing an agency or franchise or licensing operation in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
We represent a number of national and international licensers and franchisers who operate in Saudi Arabia and in the GCC countries. Our firm regularly advises clients on:
- The negotiation and drafting of franchise
- Agency and license agreements
- Legislation affecting franchise and license operations
- The use and protection of intellectual property in the context of license and franchising operations and
- Particular issues facing international franchisers, including property, tax, and management performance issues.
Saudi Lawyers Skilled in Mergers and Acquisitions
We specialize in the key issues in mergers and acquisitions in Saudi Arabia, such as:
- Employee benefits
- Environmental regulation
- Intellectual property
- Real estate.
Most of our M&A practice involves negotiated transactions, including auction transactions, in which we manage all phases of the project. This includes:
- Due diligence investigation
- Securing necessary regulatory approvals
We advise clients on all phases of mergers and acquisitions, ranging from anti-takeover strategies, responding to acquisition offers (whether solicited or unsolicited), and advising proxy contestants, to structuring acquisitions, making acquisition offers and arranging public and private financing.
Saudi Arabia Law Firm Experienced in Privatization Matters
Privatization is new in Saudi Arabia. We draw upon our expertise and experience in regulatory, financial, commercial, dispute resolution, and governmental relations matters to develop custom-tailored strategies and solutions for our clients.
We have advised a major Saudi consortium in connection with the privatization of the catering division of the Saudi Arabian Airlines.
Specialists in Middle East Corporate Finance Law
We counsel financial institutions, commercial enterprises, capital companies and investment funds in all aspects of their:
- Public and private financing
- Capital formation activities.